Monday, June 22, 2009

Princess Mouse and Her Rosy Carriage
Another June release from Clear Dollar Stamps: Rosebud Princess (and it's compan-ion set, Rose-bud Scrolls)-check it out here. This set was designed by one of our very own dt members, Shawne Arnold... isn't she soooooooooo talented?! For this card, I bypassed my Copics and grabbed my SU watercolor crayons & paintbrushes. I seriously think I colored about 15 carriages before I was satisfied (but still not thrilled...why can't I recall one darn thing I learned in that watercolor class I took years ago!).

Here are all the other details:

Stamps: Rosebud Princess, Rosebud Scrolls - Clear Dollar Stamps
Cardstock: SU Regal Rose, Gable Green, So Saffron; watercolor paper
DP: A Muse Kitchen Pink (the pink w/white polka-dots)
Ink: Staz-On Jet Black; Colorbox white pigment ink (w/SU Winter White embossing powder)
Color Medium: SU watercolor crayons
Dies/Punches/Embossing: Sizzix Bigz Decorative Rectangle Frame; Fiskars oval punch; Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirl embossing folder
Accessories & Embellishments: Offray ribbon; Pebbles Inc. Raspberry Candy Dots; paper piercing tool

I can't believe it, but I'm actually going to post a SECOND card this very same day! I hope you'll come back and take a look...

3 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Erin, this is awesome. I love that you cut out a shape from your embossed piece. Very original, love that. The scrolls are sooooooo pretty embossed on the BG. Your coloring is terrific, but I understand what you mean about not being completly satisfied with the end result, I think we are the hardest judge of ourselves. Because I think it looks terrific!!!!!!

Cassie said...

Very sweet, Erin! I love the textures, and your coloring is fantastic! ;D

Laurie Wilson said...

Very precious! What sweet girly colors too... Like that interesting base shape, that is so cool! I am my own worst critic too, but this looks fabulous don't worry!