Sunday, August 3, 2008

Posies on the Porch
What a time-consuming piece this proved to be! But it was fun to play around with, and the hand-sewing proved to be a calming, meditative process in the middle of the typical craft room chaos! And what fun to stamp out this pot of flowers! ALL the images here come from a brand new set from Clear Dollar Stamps called "Designer Bouquet" released this past Friday. Now as for technique and other products...where do I start? I think I'll just do this one in list format:

Cardstock: Stampin' Up
DP: MME Wild Asparagus ("Baby Boy" & "Cousins" collections)
Inks: VersaMagic Chalk & Ranger Distress
Oval dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities
Texture Plate (tiny diamonds): Sizzix
Ribbon: Stampin' Up and May Arts
Brads: Making Memories
Linen Floss: Stampin' Up
Seed Beads (center flower): Darice
Tools: Fiskars scallop scissors, Making Memories paper distresser and Ornare paper piercer

Here is a shot of the card from the side, to give you an idea of how I put together my "awning". Just creased a strip of the dp at different widths, accordion style...a total "trial by error" method till I got it looking like I envisioned! Of course, I did the stitching before I attached the awning to the card (but after I made my score lines on the dp strip).

I've got one more card to post that uses this same wonderful stamp set...look for it later tonight. In the meantime, have a peaceful Sunday evening, and here's to a happy & creative week ahead to all!

3 comments:

Lorelie Kim said...

This has got to be one of the prettiest card I've seen in a long time!! I love all the dimensions, the embellishments, EVERYTHING! You have a true gift!

Kevin Renz said...

Hi Erin,

This card turned out gorgeous! Its all worth it when it turns out so great, not so worth it if it happens the other way which of course never happens ;)

Deb Wood said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!