Posies on the Porch
What a time-consuming piece this proved to be! But it was fun to play around with, and the hand-sewing proved to be a calming, meditative process in the middle of the typical craft room chaos! And what fun to stamp out this pot of flowers! ALL the images here come from a brand new set from Clear Dollar Stamps called "Designer Bouquet" released this past Friday. Now as for technique and other products...where do I start? I think I'll just do this one in list format:
Cardstock: Stampin' Up
DP: MME Wild Asparagus ("Baby Boy" & "Cousins" collections)
Inks: VersaMagic Chalk & Ranger Distress
Oval dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities
Texture Plate (tiny diamonds): Sizzix
Ribbon: Stampin' Up and May Arts
Brads: Making Memories
Linen Floss: Stampin' Up
Seed Beads (center flower): Darice
Tools: Fiskars scallop scissors, Making Memories paper distresser and Ornare paper piercer
Here is a shot of the card from the side, to give you an idea of how I put together my "awning". Just creased a strip of the dp at different widths, accordion style...a total "trial by error" method till I got it looking like I envisioned! Of course, I did the stitching before I attached the awning to the card (but after I made my score lines on the dp strip).
I've got one more card to post that uses this same wonderful stamp set...look for it later tonight. In the meantime, have a peaceful Sunday evening, and here's to a happy & creative week ahead to all!