Thursday, May 1, 2008

Clear Dollar Stamps - Sneak Peek for May!
Can you even believe it's May already?! Where DID all my stamping time go throughout April? It truly was a struggle getting into the crafting flow and producing cards...just lots of little odds-n-ends things that get in the way. Sure hope May finds me more productive.

And speaking of little, pictured here is a tiny invite I managed to put together using one of Clear Dollar Stamps' new releases for this month, "Butterfly Wings" (I also used their "Ancient Stone" alpha set). The card base is Stampin' Up Pretty in Pink cs, which I roughed up a bit with what STILL is one of my fave tools, the Making Memories Paper Distresser. I made the circle out of SU's Barely Banana using my "antique" circle cutter (circa my early 90's Creative Memories days!) and roughed up its edge, as well. Pulled out the Marvy Mega and Giga scallop circle punches, a few pink Dew Drops, Frosted Lace Stickles (edges of the pink scallop), and some pink ribbon from Michael's.

What got lost in the sub-par photographic process (I'm still learning!) is the rock 'n roll technique I used to stamp the butterfly wings: Stamped the whole image firmly in a light pink chalk ink (VersaMagic Pixie Dust) and then went back and sponged just the edges of the butterfly in a deeper shade of pink (VersaMagic Pink Grapefruit). The body of the butterfly and the scrolls/ outline of the wings are separate stamps and I did those in a burgundy dye ink. The flowers were stamped in two shades of yellow chalk ink (Sugar Cane & Cornucopia, also VersaMagic), then I inked the edge of the white scallop in the Sugar Cane.

Stay tuned for more of this "Garden Party" theme using this same stamp set...

No comments: