Monday, July 28, 2008

It's That Time Again!
Can you believe it's time for AUGUST sneak peeks already?! Where HAS the summer gone? My family and I are back fresh from a week at Rehoboth Beach...the most perfect weather, a gorgeous rental property and the company of my sister and her family made it the perfect vacation! In fact, I think I'll have to post of few of my favorite photos from the trip...stay tuned!

But for now, lets get back to the sneak peeks: One of the challenges posed to the Clear Dollar design team members this month was to design with the color PURPLE. Thanks to our coordi-nator, Laurie Wilson, for this idea...it proved - at least to me - to be the perfect challenge: I am certainly well-stocked with purple supplies (ribbon, cardstock, dp, inks & markers, etc.), but when it comes down to actually using this color - putting all the elements of a card together with it - it just doesn't happen! So since I'm not real comfy with using purple, I decided to take a clean, very simple approach, but with what I hope is a bit of whimsy (how can a purple squirrel not be whimsical? Weird maybe, but whimsical!).

And isn't he one of the most adorable squirrels you've ever laid eyes on?! He's part of Clear Dollar Stamps "Just Nutty" set, to be released August 1. As with all Clear Dollar stamps, you will find just tons of versatility with this set...in fact, check out my fellow team members' blogs (see my side bar) for some oh-so-adorable examples of all the ways this set can go! And I'll be posting a few more samples of my own, as well.

Now to further build on the whole "whimsy" thing, I thought polka dots & circles, and I used them in several ways: The "Lots of Dots" Cuttlebug embossing folder, the pink button flower center (from one of Foof-a-La's Bag O' Buttons), and one of my favorite new tools, the Martha Stewart Doily Lace Edge border punch. And only 3 other goodies to tell you about for this simple card: Making Memories "Noteworthy" collection felt flowers, Copic markers and Michael's grosgrain ribbon.

I hope you like this little purple post! I'll be displaying squirrels of other colors over the next day or two, along with peeks of MORE new Clear Dollar sets available for you to buy come Thursday!

4 comments:

Diane Noble said...

Erin, this is too cute. Love the whimsical colors and style. Great design/layout. Love your work!

It's been so fun getting to design beside you for Clear Dollar! I'm grateful for the connection. I'll be back to browse through your artwork a bunch!

Blessings!
Diane

Jane said...

Cute! I had a really hard time with the purple challenge. I guess that's the whole point, eh? Can't wait to see your other samples. I loved this set.

Jane

Kevin Renz said...

Great job! Love the purple. I laughed when I read your purple comment, because I'm working on pink animal at the moment.

Unknown said...

Oh how sweet, so whimsical!