Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Graduation:
'Tis The Season!
A timely card for a change! The owl and phrase are from a new Clear Dollar Stamps set, "Spread Your Wings" and the circle frame stamp is from "Mini Monograms," both new this month! The hat and the owl are separate stamps, so he doesn't have to be used just for school-related themes. This bird set also comes with a "Thanks" and the phrase "for taking me under your wing"; I think these are just perfect words to use with this sweet little owl with his wing all opened and ready to put a comforting arm around you or offer an encourag-ing pat on the back!

I stamped both the circle frame and the owl in Jet Black Staz-On, then colored the little guy with Copics and cut out the frame. I then backed the frame with circles cut using my old-time Sizzix 4-circle die. Stamped the owl a second time on a scrap piece, cut out only the wing, colored it and tacked it on to the original wing so it would hang out beyond the circle frame. I also stamped the graduation cap on a scrap, cut & colored it and glued it (proudly!) on our owl's head. This whole ensemble was then centered on a black trapezoid rectangle. I ran the card base through the Cuttlebug using the "Traffic Jam" em-bossing folder on just the left side. The right side I stamped here & there with a leaf sprig in VersaMark ink. The twill is EK for Martha Stewart and I threw in a scrap of good old b&w gingham ribbon. Lastly, I popped on 3 turquoise Dew Drops along the edge of the black rectangle, attached it to the card with foam adhesive and called it a day! More bird cards to follow...thanks for dropping in!

1 comment:

Linsey R said...

how adorable! I just love this winged graduate, how fun! You colored him so well and great choice of embossing folder, that design looks awesome! Really super card, tfs it!