I've Been Tagged - Twice!!!
Guess this means I'm really makin' it as a blogger...I'm so honored to have been tagged by two fellow papercrafters whose work is absolutely awesome! Please check out Created From Paper, the blog of my dear friend, Jennifer Ellefson, and It's in the Cards, the blog belonging to my new cyber pal, Jean. Both tags require that the "taggee" list 6 or 7 little-known kinda-quirky facts about herself, so here goes:
1. I will never pass up the chance to watch The Brady Bunch! Being a child of the 60's & 70's, of course I've seen every show 3 million times, but there's just something about the innocence and the ease (and timeliness!) of which family problems are solved. And even just the chance to regress back to my own childhood for a half-hour is such a tonic for me!
2. While I try to "behave" in public when it comes to exercising and eating, what goes on behind closed doors is an ENTIRELY different story...For example, I make brownies under the guise of "treating my kids", but the truth is I need my fix of that rich, fudgy batter! I think my cover has been blown though, because when the brownie come out of the oven, they're usually sunk in the middle and about the height of a slice of bologna!
3. This one might not be entirely original: I am SUCH a shopaholic (and not proud of it) for all things paper and stamps that I've got duplicates coming out the wazoo...stamps, patterned paper, colors of cardstock, inkpads, embellishments, even Cuttlebug folders and dies! But this means good news for you, the reader: I PLAN ON GIVING AWAY LOTS OF BLOG CANDY throughout the coming weeks! This makes me feel so good, knowing that my overindulgence will be going to a good (& enthusiastic) cause! I'm sharin' the passion, baby!
4. Now this is something I AM proud of: I volunteer for the Greater Pittsburgh Literacy Council. For the past year or so, I've tutored students in ESL (English as a 2nd language). My last student was a Muslim woman from Turkey, and I can EASILY say that I learned AT LEAST as much from her as she did from me...what a way to spread your wings and learn about the world (and of course give back in the process). I'm starting with a new student next week...an attorney from Paraguay. How cool is that?!
5. Let's get back to retro TV (can enough EVER be said?!)...Leave it to Beaver really rocks my world, too! The ORDERLINESS of it all - from June's housekeeping, to Wally & the Beaver's respectfulness, to Ward's kind-but-firm discipline, even the B&W format - it's all so zen-like for me...almost catatonic, but in a good way. People who love me tell me it's NOT REAL LIFE (even for the 50's/60's), but I know better! Now...if I could just jump thru the screen and bring some of that peace & harmony to my own life!
6. This is kinda boring, but it's big (and NOT in a good way) for me. I had TWO foot surgeries back in the Fall. I used to jog (obsessively!) back in my college days, and over the past 5 or so years I had gotten back into it...I was even working up to doing some charity runs, etc. But it all came crashing down about a year ago: I developed this intense stinging pain in the ball of my foot. Turned out it was a Morton's neuroma, and I wanted to return to the treadmill again so badly that I decided to go under the knife and have it removed. Well, the procedure went well, but because I had had cortisone shots prior to the surgery, the incision became infected and I had to go back in again for a (almost emergency) follow-up surgery. And now here we are in March, and guess what? Still got that intense stinging pain!!! Looks like it has to be the elliptical for me from now on...
7. And lastly...I am a giant Sudoku addict! I literally have to hide my puzzle book or I'll end up spending the whole day doing them, just watching the laundry pile up and the dinner NOT getting made! At least they're sposed to be good for the brain...!
Ok, that's it for me. Since I'm new to blogging, I'm gonna have to randomly pick some participants out there and just hope that they'll be willing participants. So I thank those "lucky" girls in advance! Oh, and here are the official rules of this game:
1. Link to the person that tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Share six (or 7) non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
4. tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
5. let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their site
Here are my taggees, whose blogs sooooooooo spark my creativity and whose praises I can't sing loud enough: