Monday, March 31, 2008

It's a Clear Dollar Sneak Peek!
OMG, I am just waaaaaaaaaaay too excited! Clear Dollar Stamps is releasing their April images tomorrow and as a proud DT member, I'm honored to be able to bring you a sneak peek of what's to come! This card uses the absolutely adorable "Sometimes You're the Bug" set, along with its companion set "Bugs and Kisses". I am just so amazed at the creativity and originality of these images and how they all tie together: From the crack in the windshield, to the license plate letters, to the card sentiment... there are just so many possibilities and ways to bring your card together! And JUST WAIT till you see the other images that come with this set...I was just blown away when I got MY first peek! And of course the quality and value that have been Clear Dollar's trademark from the get-go...you will be thrilled! Now...on with the details of this card: I stamped the images (the car itself, the crack in the windshield and the license plate phrase) in black VersaFine ink, then shaded (but not very well!) the entire car with Stampin' Up's watercolor crayons. I detailed my "paint job" by applying Barbara Trombley's Art Institute glitter in a coral shade to those 'bumps" on the back, then tacked on two red rhinestones to the tail lights. The rearview mirror was Diamond Glazed, though I'm sure you can't tell from the photo, and a big black brad helps call attention to the license plate. Finally, I tied on some side-stitched ribbon and used SU's word window punch for the phrase (which actually reads "Having a bad day?") which I attached with a mini brad. Oh, and all the cs is Stampin' Up: Ruby Red, Bordering Blue (my all-time fave color!), and Creamy Caramel. Thanks so much for sharing this exciting release with me and come back for more before the day is over!

4 comments:

Jane said...

Very cute! Love the brad on the license plate and the rhinestones on the taillights. Nice touches.

If you want to see some more samples, come visit my blog! I posted some yesterday and some today.

Jane

Karinn said...

Soooo cute! You are so lucky to be a team member :) I love their stamps, I have to place an order!! Thanks for sharing, and I'm so glad I found your blog.

Sandy Knecht said...

That set is so darn cute! I've never heard of that company. I found your site from Lynn in St. Louis. Darn her! I just placed a big order, I couldn't resist after seeing your great samples. Thank you so much!!! Sandy in Missouri

GlitterEmm said...

Hi Erin Cute card! I would like to offer you a space in our gallery on www.artglitter.com. Barbara came across your blog and was delighted that you are using her Ultrafine Glitter. If you are interested please contact me at: info@artglitter.com Thanks!