Friday, February 29, 2008

The Cookie Cutter Idea
We live right down the street - literally - from a famous landmark (it was even featured on the Food Network)...an old-fashioned candy store that people from all parts of the country have visited in search of long-lost sweets from their childhood and just the experience of a by-gone penny candy era (complete with working antique cash registers). And in addition to any sort of candy you could ever want, you will also find COOKIE CUTTERS in abso-lutely every possible shape! Not sure how a candy store got into the cookie cutter business, but as a mother of young kids (who have birthday parties and many school functions), I'm just glad they did! AND... cookie cutters aren't just for bakers...they're for cardmakers, too! How, you ask? They make the perfect "tie-on" and continue the theme of your card! Lightweight and inexpensive, a cookie cutter turns your card into a gift. And to finish off MY cards here, I tucked a Lone Star Steakhouse giftcard inside (like I mentioned in my previous post, we got a LOT of help!). So though these aren't my favorite cards, I did want to share the whole "cookie cutter on a card" concept. Thanks for checkin' in! Oh, and a big P.S. - cutters make awesome templates for all your paper projects, too! Have fun...

3 comments:

anya said...

Erin,

You must be talking about BALDINGER'S!! I haven't been there in ages, but we always used to stop after getting our Christmas tree (I grew up and still live in Pgh). I love your cookie cutter idea.. maybe I'll just have to make a trip there. Thanks for sharing!

Jean said...

Great idea Erin, these cards are darling.

Kristine said...

Oh my goodness!! NOW I see the horse theme here :D These are AWESOME! That'd be so great to have a store like that nearby. I used to decorate cakes, but have never done a horse one...anyway, I love cookie cutters and I LOVE that horse shaped one. AWESOME!! :D Have a super day!